Gothic style in the interior and architecture originated in the Middle Ages, but today it has not lost its popularity. The mysterious appeal of Gothic causes a strong association with mysterious mysticism. Not surprisingly, it was the noble Gothic style that was most often used to design the most magnificent castles and architectural masterpieces.
Gothic is a unique style that combines elegance and aristocracy, unique grandeur and sophistication. Today, the Gothic style is often used to design the interior of elite restaurants and expensive hotels, allowing their visitors to plunge into the magical era of brave knights and charming ladies.
Characteristic features of Gothic in the interior
Gothic style refers to the «large-scale» — it assumes the presence of a large space, high windows, luxurious stained glass windows and an abundance of light. Of course, not every modern gothic lover is the happy owner of the castle. But do not be upset — the Gothic style can be used to design the interior of an ordinary city apartment or a country cottage.
Characteristic features of Gothic in the interior:
- The color scheme should ideally meet the mystical atmosphere of this stylistic direction. That is why most often the preference is given to dark shades — burgundy, blue-black, purple, blue, purple, violet.
- Only natural materials such as stone, marble, precious woods, glass and metal are used as finishing materials.
- A must-have element of the classic Gothic style is the luxurious stained-glass windows of stained glass, carved wooden doors, high stucco arches, and ceiling beams.
- Particular attention is paid to lighting — it should be very much. In the center of attention, of course, a large wrought-iron chandelier, which serves as the main source of light.
- An integral element of the Gothic style — a large fireplace in the center of the room, decorated with forged metal bars.
Materials and finishes
For the Gothic style is characterized by the use of noble natural materials — wood, stone, marble. In modern Gothic, the presence of large amounts of glass and metal is mandatory. Among the valuable wood species the best option would be: dark oak, beech, larch, alder, cedar, juniper.
Of course, not everyone can afford natural marble. An excellent substitute can be artificial stone or other materials with imitation marble texture. For the floor you can use different types of wood, ceramic tile or parquet.
For the decoration of the walls in the Gothic interior are used tapestries with specific historical images, paintings, stylized under the Middle Ages, frescoes and wall paintings. Carving on metal or wood, which decorates, for example, wooden doors or vaults, is very often used. A fine decoration of the ceiling will be the caisson design.
Furniture for the interior in the Gothic style
This style is characterized by the use of massive, but elegant wooden furniture. A huge bed with a high headboard, decorated with wood carvings or original forged metal parts, with a heavy canopy, will undoubtedly decorate any bedroom in the Gothic style.
Furniture for the Gothic interior involves the presence of high wooden tables with beautiful carved legs, chairs and armchairs with wooden armrests, carved chests decorated with wrought metal fittings, mirrors in heavy metal frames. Today, the role of chests with success can perform high wooden cabinets or cupboards, the doors of which are decorated with mirror patterns or stained-glass windows.
Furniture in the Gothic style can have forged metal legs of a curved shape, decorated with various patterns.
Details and decor
The interior in the style of the Gothic style is characterized by a minimum number of decorative elements and decorations. The main decoration in the room should be a large fireplace, decorated with natural stone and forged metal elements.
ON PRESENT DAY, THIS ORIGIN CAN BE REPLACED BY ARTIFICIAL FIREPLACE
Also in the Gothic style will look great murals and stucco, wall tapestries with heraldic themes.
As a decoration in the Gothic style are most often used:
- Large, massive mirrors in wooden or metal frames.
- Antique weapons on the wall, forged candlesticks.
- Bronze or gilded cups, plates, vases with carved patterns.
- Unusual sculptures made of wood or metal, lamps in the form of torches on the walls.
- Pictures with a historical theme — images of knights or knightly duels.
- Colorful textiles from which massive, heavy draperies are made.
Gothic style in the interior is a unique combination of luxury and mysticism, which will surely appeal to all fans of originality and creativity.
Gothic style in the interior — photo